Friday, February 26, 2010

This is Our Game?

I so wanted to congratulate the Canadian Men's Hockey Team's win on my other blog, but it belongs here. I was very disappointed. Yes, they won, yes they play the US on Sunday. But if this is supposed to be our game, then can we at least put in an effort for 60 minutes instead of turning it off after 52? I may hate the US with a passion but their team has played hard every minute. Do we teach our kids to play only as hard as we need to, then relax when it's 3-0? I don't want to use the word pathetic but that was not impressive. Overpaid hockey players trying only as hard as they want to. As much as I hate Gary Bettman I think it's time the NHL players take a break during the Olympics. Canada might beat the US on Sunday (and of course I hope they do) but they don't deserve the gold. I'm sorry if I don't sound patriotic. Maybe I'm more patriotic than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment