Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Game?

I am a huge hockey fan, everybody knows that. I am normally against "fans" who do nothing but badmouth their own or even other teams. I respect people who cheer for other teams as long as they truly believe in them. My good friends Maureen and Brenna are diehard Flames fans who will cheer for their team for the next 100 years. Whether their team is on top of the league or struggling, they will still cheer for them. There is no bandwagon.

I've lost my train of thought in this post. I just want to say that as much as I like to be positive about our country, yesterday's performance against Switzerland in hockey was very confusing. Hockey is Canada's sport. We live and breathe it, it is in our blood. So you're telling me that a team with superstars like Crosby, etc., etc., could only score two goals against a Swiss team that consisted of a very good goalie in Jonas Hiller and...... Mind you, Russia lost too but the Slovak team at least had a few more NHL players. Go Canada Go but please make us a bit more prouder next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment