Saturday, January 9, 2010

Airport Security

"September 11" was a sad day in the world. Sure, you can talk about all the conspiracy theories but it was a day that got everyone to wake up and realize how unsafe the world can be. That being said, this "fear" and "paranoia" have gotten out of hand.

When I go on trips, I like to avoid checking in luggage as much as possible. This allows me to get off the plane and go directly to my destination. My past trips to Vegas have allowed me to bring a small carry on. Now things have changed (yet again). I haven't read the rules in detail but suffice to say there's almost nothing I can bring other than a "small bag". Is it true I can't even bring a book? Huh? My crossword puzzle magazine is a weapon of mass destruction?

I remember last summer when Joe and I went to Vegas. While there he had bought some refill blades for his razor. Coming back he was afraid that they wouldn't be allowed on the flight. He also had brought a bottle of mouthwash. Guess which one was confiscated? Stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment